It seems another comic lawsuit has been filed. A bunch of Texans have filed a lawsuit against Microsoft for not keeping their Xbox Live servers up during the holiday season. The plaintiffs claim that their "suffering" can only be repaid by a sum of $5 million.
I don't think I need to comment on the ridiculousness of the situation. If I so desired, the writer at Ctrl-Alt-Del pretty much said it exactly as I would. What I really need to say is, why didn't I think of this? I don't own an Xbox, so I couldn't very well sue Microsoft...but I've played MMOs. Servers have gone down while I was playing, and been down when I wanted to play. If someone had told me that this was an example of suffering and I deserved compensation in the millions of dollars, hell, I'd have filed this suit. A couple million for not playing video games for a few weeks sounds great to me. I wonder, maybe I can sue my parents for grounding me....
Monday, January 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
If you sue your parents for grounding you, you can count on a counter-suit, for pain and suffering. The judge will be on OUR side...
Dad
I dunno. Ben could probably call some character witnesses who would be able to testify about the technical details of the LAW LAW LAW LAW.
I would be all over that if I thought I might possibly make enough money to cover the cost of the actual lawsuit.
Post a Comment