I just saw a very disturbing video on the Philosopher-King's sheeple-liberating friend's web page, although probably not disturbing in the way he intended most of those videos to be.
In this video, some psychologist guy designed a zombie-shooting game intended to put the player into a "catatonic trance." When they finally get someone to play the game and they pass out (still standing, by the way - a little suspicious), the psychologist comes out of hiding, puts the player onto one of those hospital beds, and wheels him over to a set designed to look exactly like the video game. They leave him (again standing up with a paintball gun in his hand - even more suspicious) and blow a horn to wake him up. After the subject runs around for a little bit trying to find his way out of this creepy place he's woken up in, doors around the room open, and people dressed as zombies come out, walking in the zombie fashion and groaning for brains. Shockingly enough, the dude freaks out and eventually starts shooting them with the paintball gun.
I'm not sure if this was supposed to be surprising or something, or if we're supposed to be shocked at how easily this guy started shooting at people, but come on... what would you do? If you woke up in a strange room surrounded by deformed people who looked like zombies and kept coming at you while groaning for brains, what would you do? Most people would be freaked out if a single hobo came up and tried to touch them. I don't think his reaction was surprising at all...
What was surprising was what happened afterwards. Eventually the psychologist dude came out and put the subject into a trance again (by putting his hand on the guy's face and saying something - also suspicious), wheeled him back to the video game machine, and woke him up again. The subject looked around at his friends and said "awesome game!"
His friends, by the way, didn't try to stop this at all, but actually helped the psychologist do all this crap. Which is also suspicious, because I'm pretty sure I wouldn't let some random dude do this to anyone I know...
So basically, I have two questions for everyone. First, isn't this illegal somehow? Second, what would you do if you woke up in a room surrounded by zombies?
Friday, December 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
It can't be real. There are some very serious ethical issues with a study like that. It has to be performance art.
It reminds me of the Milgram experiments in the 1960s. They couldn't have been done today either.
Hah! That's funny... For now I'm assuming the video is a joke... I'll have to check it out.
Well, while meg does have a point, there might be some way to actually get around the laws seeing as no actual harm was done to the individual. It all does seem to be very suspicious though. Hypnotizing someone into a trance and then (while they are still hypnotized) putting them into a fight or flight situation is going to really mess up your data. He had to still be hypnotized if the "psych" was able to put him back under with a simple movement.
This would seem to be more along the lines of an anti video game propaganda short than anything else.
And of COURSE you shoot the freakin zombies in the head. What is so weird about that. It doesn't even matter if they are zombies. If you suddenly woke up in a maze full of people who were trying to kill you and you happened to have a gun, you shoot them. What's so weird about that?
Hahahahha, really funny! Has to be a set-up. You're right though, any sane person would shoot the zombies, it's self-defense!
Ya, I couldn't find it, but I say shoot them too. Isn't this what we all cheer for in every single movie that has ever been written? But of course I'll never believe it could be real.
I found the video, but I couldn't get it to play. This is probably because I have been brainwashed by the New World Order. (Matt, is this guy really a friend of yours?)
If I woke up and discovered that I was surrounded by people who were trying to kill me, I would fight them off with any weapon available to me. If a gun was on the table, I wouldn't think twice about picking it up. The zombie bit doesn't matter.
I still say that it's performance art, not a real psychological experiment.
I couldn't find the video. Ben why don't you embed it here as a post so we can all see it?
Yes he is a friend of mine. I know a lot of really odd people. Sheeple has the distinction of being one of the most brilliant people who I went to college with. The tragedy is that he chose to put all his intellectual eggs into the self-gratification basket. We disagree about almost everything on the primal cause level, but agree about most everything else. It is rather odd.
Matt, I was wondering about this guy, too, so I went to his site to check it out. Is this the friend who is a believer of the Ick conspiracy theories?
ummm... yeah. Not his best moment, I must say.
Post a Comment