I imagine if the Treaty of Berlin had remained inviolate ad infinitum, the entire issue might have been avoided. Alternatively, I suppose if the July Ultimatum was never sent, the fallout of the assassination, while still throwing Austria-Hungary into chaos, would have been significantly alleviated for the rest of the continent.
I never actually expected someone to respond to that question...
Well, I suppose in any case it's better than "would you believe me if I told you I was black from the waist down?"
Sometimes I wonder...what do normal people talk about?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Dear Uncle Ben,
No, I would NOT believe you if you said that. Nice try but I am way smarter than that.
Michael
That's what she said!
...Sometimes I also wonder what my life would be like if there was some kind of filter between what occurs to me and what I say.
Usually my conclusion is "far less entertaining." Although at times, considerably less painful...
I'm really lost...
Do you mean this was some sort of a pick-up line? Have things changed THIS much since I was a youngster?
I am afraid that that may have been a pickup line. I'm not sure if anyone would consider it to be a successful pickup line though!
To answer your question: I think it was a bad scene man. Dude getting wacked like that. However, it is important to note that the pressures were already in place that led to the explosion.
A landslide may be caused by one small falling rock but you certainly couldn't say that things were particularly stable before it fell.
Franz Ferdinand is something I bring up when a conversation reaches an awkward pause, just to see what people's reactions will be. Most people have no idea what I'm talking about, but there was one freshman who actually started talking and theorizing about it. She clearly knew a lot more about history than I did.
The other one is an idea for a pickup line. I find it hilarious because I have a friend who actually thinks it's a good one. The fact that he refuses to actually use it speaks volumes, however.
Yeah, I can see it getting you into a bit of trouble. As for what normal people talk about... I have no idea. I can only assume that they are bored all the time.
I talk for a living, so I know exactly what normal people talk about:
1. the weather
2. their children, or
3. meals: past present and future
These are the spontaneous subjects. With just a little effort, the conversation can be turned to:
1. sports
2. politics
or my specialty:
3. religion
That clinches it then: I'm glad I'm not a normal person.
Either that, or I'm glad I'm not too old yet, which I suspect is another key property of the demographic the "old man" spends most of his time conversing with.
Normal people are old. Do the math.
Post a Comment