One of the interesting things about riding the subway or the bus around here is the newspapers people always leave in their chairs. Today, on my ride home, I picked up one of these papers and saw a story about the trial of two men for a shooting four years ago. Apparently, they were aiming for a man on the train, missed, and ended up - accidentally - shooting a pregnant woman in the stomach, killing the unborn baby.
They have both been convicted of first-degree murder and now face life sentences.
I don't think I really need to draw the comparison here, but allow me to quote a statistic from Wikipedia to make it painfully clear what I'm getting at: "According to the Centers for Disease Control, there were 854,122 legal induced abortions in the US in 2003." Of the people who - purposefully - performed this near to a million abortions, how many do you suppose are now in prison for life?
Tuesday, March 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
When a child is not wanted, we find a legal way to get rid of him. If he is wanted, we make it illegal to get rid of him. You see? It is all based on what WE want and since WE make the laws what WE want is all that matters. Thank goodness for us, we can't hear him cry (that might hurt our feelings). Who cares, anyway? He doesn't have a vote.
*smirk* I considered taking on this project but wanted to let the emotional turmoil of the free-will conversation die down first. It's really not that complex an issue but it sure does get the emotions pumping.
Post a Comment